City Haze – Progressive, Cool And Clever

City Haze_hhl2

City Haze is an upcoming rap artist focused on capturing the attention of Hip-Hop lovers everywhere.

Stepping onto the independent music scene since Winter of 2007, he has quickly developed a buzz only a few on NYC’s underground can genuinely claim.

HipHopLEAD just caught up with him to share some thoughts and words, get to know him..

HipHopLEAD: Give us a brief self-introduction.

City Haze: I go by City Haze and im an Up And Coming new Artist from the South Bronx / Brooklyn , New York .

HipHopLEAD: Have you been into the game for long?

City Haze: No not long at all, i’ve only been in the game for about two years and counting now. I started out in 2008 to be exact.

HipHopLEAD: Describe your sound and style.

City Haze: My style is real progressive; distinguished by a cool and clever easy-listening flow that complements the smooth/silky production that you’ll usually hear me rhyming over.

HipHopLEAD: Which is your dream Record label?

City Haze: (Laughs) The industry is so much of an open-field right now . Now a days i don’t really think any artist really has a DREAM label unless he’s clearly talking about building and being successful with his own. If an artist doesn’t want his own label then he/she should always just work towards working with an label where he/she is most comfortable.

HipHopLEAD: Is it in your future plans to start your own label/sub-label to bring up some other friends/artists?

City Haze : Of course . What artist wouldn’t want his own label or sub-label. In my own opinion it’s a bit more than just bringing up friends/artists. Building an empire & bringing up the business should always be an main priority and your circle should always consist of hard workers and not anyone who’s just going to be dead weight.

HipHopLEAD: Now let’s get into the content of your music, are more focus working on tracks with concept or you just stay on catchy tracks?

City Haze: From an artist point of view, music can be always be conceptual but still catchy . It doesn’t always have to be one or the other . People / Critics say “catchy” and it makes some artists feel like their limited to the way they can format their own music . As far as myself you’ll hear a little bit of both but at the same time i will always give 110% to make sure that its “Good Music” no pun intended (Laughs).

HipHopLEAD: Who are some of the few artists that inspire you?

City Haze: Those who already follow my music know that my inspired by Michael Jackson, Al B.Sure , Minnie Ripperton, Bill Withers, BB King and hundreds more…

HipHopLEAD: Where and how do you see yourself in the next coming years?

City Haze: Hmm.. I think i’ll be bigger than i’ve ever dreamed. I work hard and i do a lot more than just record & write music. With that being said i know that my other ethics will take me a long way as long as i’m always on top of my game. The more time that fly’s, the more music that i do and the more people i meet… the more i build as an individual.

HipHopLEAD: Give us a title of one of your favourite tracks done and why is it so special to you?

City Haze: I honestly don’t think i have a favourite track . Just the excitement of recording and working amongst other talents will always set the bar for me. For new readers and new followers of my music, 95 % of the time i write my music based off of actual life experiences and the other 5% is based off what i want in the near future. I keep it that way because it helps my listeners to understand exactly who i am and what my personality is like.

HipHopLEAD: What is the best way for people to hear more of your music?

City Haze: Feel free to check me out at or you can always follow up on me at

HipHopLEAD: Any shout outs and last words?

City Haze: Shout outs to the Fans , Starr Scream Ent, Clout Media and all of the websites/blogs who continuously support my music.

You Might Like
More Unsigned Hip Hop